Powered by Blogger.

Monday 9 May 2011

Pain and Politics.

I am here to eat my words. My new shoes from Aldo are too high. My swollen right heel is proof. *glum*

For those who missed my post on my problem with heels, here it is.

I must admit I'm very lousy at getting comfy shoes. Why do they always make your feet feel good in the stores?!

Anyone who thinks yourself as a shoe shopping guru, please enlighten me. :(

---

Anyways, its been a very busy, yet very enjoyable weekend. First off, I must say -



Happy Mum's Day to all mummies! You have the noblest job in the world. You deserve to celebrate.

(That brownie cake was totally yummy by the way. One of the rare cakes that both looks and tastes good!)

Besides the Mother's Day celebrations, Singaporeans have also sat through a nail-biting experience on Saturday night through dusk - the results of our General Elections 2011. Some celebrate the outcome and others cry. But through it all, I believe we have all grown as a country in political literacy. We have come to understand how our government truly governs life of all citizens, and how our one vote weighs a ton.

As we all participated in the political debate, both offline and online, I was inspired by many and very upset by some. It wasn't those who supported the other party who traumatized me, but rather, those who 1) made loud and totally skewed arguments based on ignorance and lack of knowledge (for example, in my humble opinion: Xiaxue), 2) casted their votes flippantly (aka was too lazy to read up on news and thus flipped a coin to decide the future of Singapore. Don't laugh at this ridiculous proposition, because I DO HAVE A FRIEND WHO DID JUST THIS.)

Your vote impacts the lives of everyone in the nation. Please (please!) do your homework on all parties before making your decision. You have the next 5 years to do that, so do it well!

I shall end off with a tribute to The man who loves Singapore, Mr. Chaim See Tong of SPP.


Sir, your battle was well fought. While the others earned votes, you earned respect, love and trust. Thank you for dedicating your life and energy to our country and all who live in it. Singapore loves you too.


Onward Singapore,
Shu.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  9 May 2011 at 16:43  

Well Shu, I think we have something in common, I'm lousy at getting comfy shoes too! ;P

The sweetest words in the world is "Mummy, I love you."

Manon Margaretha 9 May 2011 at 18:17  

Thank you !
No, I didn't draw it myself x)
x

Shu. 10 May 2011 at 01:26  

@Mandy: Aw at least we have company. wahahaha. :D

@Manon Margeretha: You're very welcome! :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP